For optimum use of the site, PL uses files called “cookies” that may be saved on the user’s device. A cookie is a text file stored by your browser that enables it to keep information between Internet pages browsing sessions.
Users may refer to the CNIL website for additional information on cookies: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser.
These cookies save information regarding the user’s browsing on the site and store information that the user has entered whil using the site. They enable PL to obtain statistical and advertising data and to match the personal data that the user has provided to PL with the browsing information collected in order to ensure personalised use of the site’s functionalities.
If users do not want cookies installed on their device, they can change their browser preferences to fully or partially refuse them. Such refusal may affect their use of the site, however.
To delete and manage cookies, users are asked to refer to the help pages for their browser. The links for the main browsers are as follows:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=fr_FR
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
The user can also configure his browser so that it indicates to the sites consulted his wish not to be tracked (« Do Not Track »). The access links for the main browsers are as follows:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/products/internet-explorer#ie=ie-11
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11952 – Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/comment-activer-option-ne-pas-pister
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/fr/notrack.html
Users may also disable tracking from the social network buttons in the reference pages of the various networks. Users are asked to find out about the cookie management policies for these social networks on the sites concerned. Disabling of buttons may also be done using the free Privacy Badger software available at the following address: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/privacy-badger/pkehgijcmpdhfbdbbnkijodmdjhbjlgp?hl=fr